FY-Master of International Business Engineering
Programme overview and Intended Learning Outcomes
The Master in International Business Engineering has been specifically designed for students who wish to acquire a dual competence in international sales or purchase. It is a two-year degree, entirely taught in English, aimed at international and French graduates that come mainly from a scientific background (bachelor degree in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, for instance) and that do not necessarily have experience in management or business. The main objective of this programme is to provide students with professional management skills supported by a global perspective, and prepare them to thrive in the global labor market. The Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) for the Master’s degree in International Business Engineering are divided into six categories:
- Knowledge: Upon completion of the programme, students will demonstrate understanding of the accurate tools to develop and manage an international business.
- Skills, including interpersonal skills: Students will be able to solve problems and to critically analyze them. They will also be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and decision-making skills.
- Attitudes: Students will be able to work as part of a team and carry out group projects.
- International perspective: Students will understand the specified discipline from a global perspective.
- Understanding of the business world: Students will be able to understand business practices and related concepts and be able to integrate this functional knowledge in order to address business problems.
- Awareness of the broader trends in society (e.g. social responsibility): Students will be able to demonstrate awareness of ethical and social responsibility issues.
International Learning Experience
The internationalization of teaching and the learning environment at IAE Montpellier may take many forms.The course incorporates a mix of students from all over the world. This is the best way to use and improve a language. It is mandatory for students to spend the third semester in one of our partner universities, and the final internship must be completed abroad as well.
Corporate Learning Experience
Business executives are involved in teaching activities of the Master in International Business Engineering. This enables our students to benefit from strong links with the business world. The programme includes two mandatory internships in international environments.
Entry Requirements and Student Profile
All applicants to the Master’s degree in International Business Engineering must provide evidence that they earned 180 ECTS credits at the time of submitting their application. Admission requirements for the programme rely first in applicants’ academic performance and exam results. The second element taken into consideration is international working experience (or time spent abroad) and English language proficiency. Any applicant whose first language is not English must certify proficiency in English by submitting one of the following certificates: TOEFL (min. 80), TOEIC (min. 750) or IELTS (min. 6). The third element taken into account is the applicant’s professional plan and motivation.
Students have the opportunity to continue their studies with a doctorate in Management Sciences.
Some of the potential career opportunities include: International industrial purchaser, International sales engineer, Marketing project manager, Marketing assistant, B to B seller, Business analyst, Transnational contracts negotiator, Account manager.
The first year and the second year ( cf syllabus )
First year : internship
« A 3 to 4 month internship is mandatory at the end of the first year (M1S2). The dedicated period runs from April to September; placement has to be completed before the beginning of the following mobility term in a host foreign university. » (p.7 of the syllabus)
2nd year : international mobility with partner universities
« The third semester of the programme (first semester of the second year) is spent abroad in one of our partner universities, it is called the mobility semester. Each student is nominated in one of the IAE partner universities »(.p.127 of the syllabus)
Head of the program
Master 1 & 2
Mr Gilles SERE DE LANAUZE, Ph.D.
Master 1 & 2
Ms Marie-Jeanne HAYWARD
Tel: (+33) 4 67 14 48 13 59
Mrs Autcharaporn SOMSING
Want to see more testimonies about Master MIBE ? Check out our YouTube channel !