Upon arrival to Montpellier, you may visit the "Espace Logement Etudiant" exhibition at the Montpellier City Hall from mid-August to beginning of September. You will find help and small ads to find a shared appartment or any accommodation.
You can choose to book a room in a Public Dormitory (managed by a French institution called CROUS) but note that reservations are “packages” of 4 or 10 months, even if you leave earlier.
There are 2 periods of stay and payment:
01/09/2019 to 31/12/2019
01/09/2019 to 15/06/2020 (for the full-year students)
Example: you can indicate that you will stay from September 10th to December 22nd but you will be required to pay from September 1st to December 31st.
Note that in IAE courses end in March or April but you will not be able to leave your room before June 15th.
If you want to book a room you first have to fill in the box concerning accommodation in your Moveon Application Form.
Ms. Jessie CHIAVASSA (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is in charge of the booking process. Please don’t contact the CROUS directly, they won’t reply.
- In late June or July an email message will be sent to you automatically with a code to enter the online platform of the CROUS called INTERLOG.
- You will have to connect, select your room and dormitory and fill in the form on line.
- A few days later, you will receive an accommodation proposal which might be different from what you asked, depending on the availabilities.
- Then you will have to pay for the safety deposit online with a credit card. This payment commits you to take the room you have booked and you won’t be entitled to change room once you have moved in the residence.
- Don’t forget to print your “ticket paiement” (proof of payment) that you will receive by email. You may be asked to show it to the dormitory when you arrive.
- You will be able to print a certificate of accommodation, directly from Interlog.
FINANCIAL HELP :
Once you arrive, ask your residence if you are eligible for a housing allowance which will help you pay your rent (around 60€/month). It is called ALS and it is offered by the French Institution for familial affairs, the CAF. The demand is to be done online once arrived.
You will be asked to give the following documents :
- Copy of the passport or ID
- European Card of Health Insurance or proof of affiliation to the French Health insurance
- Certificate of Enrolment at the IAE Montpellier
- Certificate of honour written in French stating that you have the sufficient financial resources to live in France